Eco Friendly Wedding Ideas in India
Go Green On Special Day
By Author Dr. BhanuPriya Khatri
Eco friendly wedding Ideas in India
Not just green colour or plants only, have an eco-friendly wedding. Don’t think that that you are compromising in any form. A variety of gorgeous and stunning options can’t only make your wedding awesome and also supportive to the environment. So, are your ready for elegant, trendy and fine-looking Environmental friendly wedding? You will be definitely an example of environmental caring for others.
Eco friendly wedding Ideas in India
The goal of organic food is to produce food by maintaining environmental sustainability by prevent soil fertility or pest problems. Offering organic food on wedding is like promoting pollution free agriculture system. Introducing vegan dishes is also a way to do something for your environment.
Image credit: huffingtonpost.com
Jewellery from recycled materials:
Modification of old and unused artificial jewellery and unused materials into the new designer jewellery is really a nice eco friendly idea.
Image Credit: www.artfire.com
Prefer eco friendly gold which is environment friendly gold and made with minimal damage to the environment.
Left over of food in wedding
There are NGOs who work for providing the leftover food to the poor people. Food is properly stored on hygienic conditions and then served to needy people. Tie with these NGOs in advance. Providing food to animal shelters is also a great idea. Please don’t throw your leftover food in the dust bins.
Write environmental friendly messages
Write environmental friendly messages on the posters and on tables in a very decorative manner so that others will be inspired by you.
Image Credit: onewed.com
Eco Friendly Saloon
Choose the saloon where beauty professionals use natural and organic products and avoid use of harmful chemical products. Marriages need lots of shopping and shopping bags. Please use reusable bags.
GreenweddingPlanner Choose green wedding planners whobelieve and prefer eco friendly wedding.Prefer outdoor wedding venue having good sunlight.
Don’t use plastic disposals in your wedding, not even for water. Plastic disposals are very dangerous to the environment.
Presently, there is a great trend to offer water bottles. People drink only a small amount and remaining water gets wasted and also the bottles are harmful for the environment.
Environmental Friendly Decoration:
- Choose seasonable and ethical flowers. Don’t prefer imported flowers. Use local florist. Less transportation means less bad impact on environment.
- Decoratee with environment friendly centre pieces as small and beautiful flower pot will really make your wedding memorable.
- You can also use flowers made up of beautiful recycled papers.
- Don’t use balloons as it has really bad impact on environment.
- Use LED and solar lightning for decoration.
- Have a preference to reusable items for wedding. There are so many waste materials which can be used and created as decorative items.
Image credit: yesbabydaily.com
Eco Friendly Transportation
- Organize all the ceremonies at one place, less travelling means less damage to environment
- Choose local vendors as it requires less transportation
- Use energy efficient transportation for guests
Eco Friendly Invitation:
- Use beautiful recycled papers available in the market
- Well crafted handmade invitation on recycled papers is also very attractive
- Sent save the date cards, invitation & thank you note by mail.
- A good and attractive way is to sent Invitation mails in form of videos
- Create wedding website and share all the information on it.
- Social networking sites like Facebook is also a great way to send invitation to friends.
Eco Friendly Wedding Dress
Kareena Kapoor is a great example for all the girls. She is a stylish icon but she wore her mom in law’s lahenga on her wedding and she was looking very beautiful. Re wearing of wedding lahenga is nice idea.
There are eco friendly dress designers who can make gorgeous but environmental friendly materials made wedding dress.
Fulfil any girl’s dream by donating your precious and beautiful wedding dress.
Give to vendors who provide wedding dresses on rent.
Eco Friendly Gifts:
Here are few suggestions for Eco friendly gifts to guests:
- Seed packets
- Welcome bags with green messages on it
- Welcome bags made up of eco friendly materials
- Baby plants which they can take for their homes
Eco Friendly Packaging:
Wedding needs lots of packaging. Decide Eco friendly materials for packaging. Bamboo packaging is the new trend for reduction in carbon foot print.
Eco Friendly Honeymoon:
Enjoy your honeymoon destination by experiencing flora, fauna and natural beauty in such a manner that doesn’t impact the natural environment.
Plan eco tourist places that supports and encourage conservation of natural resources. Eco tourism will also increase your awareness towards natural environment.
Image Credit: Health and Fitness Travel
Donation to Environmental Friendly Organizations: Wedding involves huge amount of money. Kindly donate some portion for sustainable development to the environmental friendly NGOs.
Don’t bother about theme: Eco friendly options can match with any theme you have chosen for your wedding.
May be this….